What is your favorite part of your job?
- I have always been an extremely curious person. I was the kid that asked “why” a thousand times. Being in BD within the commercial real estate eco-system has allowed my curiosity to flourish. There is never a shortage of things to learn or people to meet.
What excites you most about commercial real estate in Dallas?
- There is no doubt Dallas is a hot spot for corporate relocations. The most exciting part about it is that we are still in the early stages of the rush to North Texas. Having the opportunity to not only watch this play out but to also have a potential role in the built environment as these companies build out their new space is extremely exciting.
If you could choose another profession, what would it be and why?
- A Pilot – I have always been fascinated with airplanes and airports since I was a little kid. I remember getting lost in the airport when I was 7 years old. A pilot wearing the full pilot get-up walked by and I decided to just start following him (curious kid, remember?). He seemed like a superhero to me. He eventually noticed I was following him and safely walked me back to my family. I still haven’t given up the idea of flying and aspire to at least getting my PPL.
What advice would you give to someone who is thinking about joining the construction industry?
What do you like to do in your free time?
- Play golf, or out on the lake. I grew up going to lake LBJ, but anywhere I can wake surf or wake board will do.
Which tv show could you watch over and over again?
- The Office is a consistent go to. Truly the greatest TV show of all time.
What’s the favorite place you’ve ever traveled?
- 3 years ago I took a road trip down the 101 along the northern west coast. We started in Seattle where we spent a few days exploring the city then wandered down the coastline making various stops along the way. The most notable stop was in Big Sur where we camped on the cliffs overlooking the pacific ocean. Views were incredible.
What’s something about you not many people know?
- I have gone skydiving three times, two of those in Snohomish (North of Seattle) during the 101 road trip.
If you could be a superhero, what power would you possess?
- Hmmmm – Being able to read peoples minds. That has to be the ultimate weapon.
How would you spend an ideal Saturday morning?
- This one’s easy. My ideal Saturday morning would be a huge breakfast buffet followed by a tee time with a close group of buddies. If I absolutely had it my way, I would shoot a 65… this is clearly me living in fantasy land.
Favorite Happy Hour Drink?
- Depends. There is something to be said for the time and place. If I had to choose one, it would be a ranch water with Casamigos. 2 limes.
Biggest Office Pet-Peeve?
- Complaining – Not a fan of negative attitudes.